Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Tuesday 5 June 2012

What's keeping me quiet

Well like many, I've been glued to my screen watching the jubilee celebrations, but when I'm not, I can be found colouring, web searching and generally collecting material for my new found love that is SMASH journalling. I really am amazed how much I'm enjoying this considering I've never been one to scrapbook or journal write.  I adore the quirky pages of my blue book, and love how each prompts ideas while others just call out to be covered!  So today I'm sharing a few more pages that I've done over the last few days or so. It's been therapeutic too, I've not been so good so to be able to do something that doesn't take too much effort, but still the end result is fab, made it enjoyable as well as reliving some fun times and exploring what things I'd like to record about myself.




For this first page I wanted to continue on from the previous page in the book with colour - I found this super quote and thought it was perfect for me! So I coloured the Saturated Canary image to match the paper and word colours. I stamped some Tim Holtz ticket stamps, coloured them to match and cut them out, sticking them randomly around the page. I added a few Candi and made the ruffled button embellishment. I added a couple of notes to explain and that was it.



(Yes, that really is me with the dog, much shorter and lighter hair I know!)


As soon as I saw this double spread with maps on it, I knew I'd use it to record the 3 main holidays I've ever taken.  I got to work printing out photos from the trips, as well as printing embellishments from digi-kits I have. I also coloured another Saturated Canary image 'Tourist' to work with it all. I typed up the destination and dates using Craft Artist Pro before colouring them and then going over them with glossy accents.  The laminated luggage tag is the actual one I used for my Paris trip, I threaded some twine and stuck down it with tissue tape. I also added my Orsay Museum (Musee d'Orsay) entrance ticket too. Again a few hand written notes to explain and it's done.

Right time to get some food and await the Queen's address to the nation.
Take care Zo xx


8 comments:

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow Zoe these pages are amazing , this looks like such a fun hobby.
Hugs Emma xx

Elizabeth said...

Great pages, Zoe. I have long thought that those Smash books must be good fun and you're proving it. BTW, I think we've all gone blonde at some point in our lives :) Hugs, Elizabeth x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zoe Great pages love what you have done with them and the fun you have had. Hope you are keeping well. love Alison xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful pages Zoe, I like the way you have mixed your picture with the coloured images and all the wee notes
brilliant!
Kevin xx

SandeeNC said...

You have been quiet and missed too! I am glad you've enjoyed the Diamond Julbilee but frankly I'll be glad to get you ladies away from the TV and back to the computer! HA! Don't forget, I've got your ATC featured on my blog tomorrow so smash that! lol And please come by and visit! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Sue said...

wow!! Love what you have done to your Smash book. I have just received one for my birthday today so find your ideas very inspiring!
All the best
Sue

Kathryn said...

Hi Zo!
Very nice journaling!! Even though I'm not of the "cutesie persuasion" I admire it very much! Love the perfection page and especially the writing and the sleepy eye in boring. Perfect, ha!
Feel better soon!
xo
kat

Dannii said...

Love these, very inspiring x