Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 15 June 2012

Smash* & a tv appearance!

Well look at me back again, to be honest I run out of time this morning so had to post and go so I'm back to finish off my share for the day. I've not been too good lately, that's why I've not been popping by and leaving comments on as many blog's as I'd like, major brain fog, I would've only typed nonsense I can tell you! But I wanted to catch up with this before the weekend, am glad I had to come back because I can tell you something exciting - 

This morning Beader's Companion were on Create & Craft, the other day Sarah Milsop who fronts Beader's contacted me on FB to ask if she could show a picture of my wire coil embellishment I posted. Of course I said yes! So I watched back the recorded show and mine was the first picture Sarah showed. <much hand clapping & smiling> How fab, all of you saw it ages ago when I first posted it, but here it is again -

Am over the moon, a much needed boost I can tell you.

Now for the rest - while not so good I've found creating pages in my Smash* journal therapeutic so here's some of the latest - 





Shoes - I love them, unfortunately I'm not physically able to wear heels any more as I have to wear special supports to help stabilise my ankles but I still love to look and still have many pairs of my heels I bought. I only take a 2, a 3 at a push so finding grown up heels was always difficult but I do own 4 or 5 pairs of size 2's that are 4 inch heels! I keep them in a case under my bed and get them out often, just to look and remember!




These pages are on going and I will add pictures and information to them.  My boy, Keagan, has been riding since he was 7 (he's nearly 14), he has a 1-to-1 lesson every week. He wants to be a jockey. Earlier today he had a lesson with a lady who is a jockey and who trains ponies. He has had lessons with Sarah before and has ridden on a race saddle, but today he rode using the race saddle and jumped for the first time while on it. He's jumped many times using a normal saddle, but racing saddles and race riding are totally different. You've probably seen the jockey's on the TV, riding stood up....yeah that, going over the fences, well that's what Keagan did today, ride like a jockey, stood up, bent over and jumping over a fence that was straight across and a good 2 foot high! 

He loved every minute, so did I, seeing him doing what he loves and doing so well. You never know one day he may be one of those jockey's on the TV, that's his ambition, not to be on the TV but to ride in one of the major races like the Grand National or in the Cheltenham Festival.

Anyway I'm going to spend the evening with the football, will probably listen to it on the radio, don't know why but I prefer the commentary, I can watch the goals back later!

Take care. Zo xx

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on your TV appearance, well the coils anyway! Really love the cards in your previous post, hope you're felleing better soon. Have a great weekend. X PS. I also am a size 2/3 in shoes, I don't wear heels now but I used to look/walk a bit like a duck in them!!

Vicky said...

Simply stunning sweetie..:o)

big hugs Vicky xx

June Nelson said...

Wow congratulations your a tv star now, mind its about time your creations are wonderful love the coil hunny well done you xxxxxxxxxxxx

emma mitchell said...

Well done on your coil's tv appearance , you must be over the moon . Love these pages , I can't wear heels either but love shoes.
Hugs Emma xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zo congrats on your TV appearance. How is your fibro fog has it started lifting yet, it's terrible isn't it. I used to be very good at organising when at work but since the fibromyalgia I am a totally different person. Love your journal pages. You must be so proud of your son. if ever you fancy a chat as it helps if someone else know what you are going through give me a shout. Love Alison

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Zoe, fame at last, congratulations - but us regulars to your blog already know that you are a very talented lady.

I have been really enjoying seeing your SMASH book pages and have decided that it is time to jump in and have a go at making my own SMASH book. Fingers crossed it doesn't turn into a boring notebook. I ordered one from Crafty Boots last week, should be here Tuesday, I'm very excited.

Dionne xxx

Louise Welsh said...

wow fab zoe its great isnt it seeing your cards on tv. louise xx

SandeeNC said...

wow, your project was on TV, now I know a celebrity, send me your autograph!! lol That had to be such an exciting thing to see, your project on TV...love it!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Teresa said...

Brilliant embellishment and congratulations Zoe, also love your smash book, I've never made one but love seeing them, I remember wearing those high shoes, those days are gone lol.
Hugs Teresa xx

Pop's Cards said...

Beautiful creations sweetie ♥♥ hugs Pops x x x