Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Thursday 21 June 2012

Wax seal & digital!

Ha ha not something you'd normally find, a wax seal and digital imagery, but in my normal random-ness I am sharing exactly that!

Firstly my brand new super duper wax seal, all the way from Vienna - my equally super duper amazing friend Debs (pop over to Deb's blog to see actual pics from Vienna!), bought me my very own 'Z' seal and a stick of wax for me to try. You see we'd talked about these traditional tools a while ago, I mentioned I rather fancied having a go and having my own, so during Deb's visit to a super palace she saw exactly the right seal for me -


This is my first attempt, well after the attempt I made on paper which actually saw me manage to catch the paper on fire..........hmmmm not exactly what was supposed to happen, BUT never fear I managed to save the house and put the fire out!

How fab is this wax seal?

I love it and look forward to using it on my projects, Smash* Books and whatever else I can that won't catch fire! 

Secondly I want to share with you a digital page I've just created, it's custom sized to fit a page in my Smash book. I love these pictures that I found but felt I didn't have anything to go with them, so I got to work on my Craft Artist Pro and made this up -


There are areas that I've left ready for actual embellishments when I get some and also the journal block as I like to add my own writing as well.  I was able to change the colours of embellishments that I liked, like the glasses to match what I was hoping to achieve. I am rather pleased with it.  

Anyway time is away from me again so I'm going to get myself off to bed!

Take care Zo xx




3 comments:

SandeeNC said...

I use to have a S wax seal when I was in my teens, and just loved it, but then I loved playing with candle wax for a long time, never managed to catch anything on fire though, almost afraid to ask how you achieved that! lol Have fun and keep the fire extinguisher handy, waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Hey hon, the 'z' seal looks fab! Glad you love it and can't wait to see what you do with it on some projects... Also love the top left picture of your fab page - methinks I might have to pinch it!! Debs xxx

June Nelson said...

Ivealways wanted one of these, I love the old wax seal for letters, your sooo lucky, cant wait to see where you stick it, but be careful, dont want any fires hun huggies June xxx