Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Saturday 2 June 2012

Cos life takes over

Hey everyone!

Well the last few days haven't gone to plan, life took over. Or to be more exact my conditions took over me. It happens. Things like limbs don't work, or the fog in my head descends and everything takes twice as long to do. So I've been quiet. Remarkable really. Me quiet. Well I had to step back from the virtual world, I could read, but found commenting - or to be blunt, putting words together difficult. I did try. Gutted really cos I really wanted to do a 100% WOYWW comment/visit for the 3rd anniversary but I failed. I got to some but not all. 

Anyway I did however have some fun. I got my hands on my first SMASH journal. Oh my giddy aunt. I love it! I've not been a scrap-booker or journal writer. But I do collect bits and bobs, like tickets & random things. So this idea of having a book to smash it all in appealed to me. Somewhere to record random stuff so that in years to come we/my son/future generations could look back and see who I really was, to see what I liked, to see what I did, where I went etc. I like that idea.

So I'll share some (well lots really) pictures with you of my book, the blue one, cos well it's me - 

















That was the plain (well not plain cos it has super pages but I mean before I did anything) book, now to show you some of what I've done to it so far - 














I love the idea it can be less perfect than say my picture memory album which just show pictures of certain times. This book can be as random as I like, suits me perfectly. I can share silly stuff like my favourite food, or like the last couple of pics; my favourite colours and things. 


I have a plan - to share. My fav characters to colour, my fab books, my fav people and places. Quotes that speak to me.  Clothes that I love. Shoes I just need but can't wear. It's endless really so I guess I shall need another book or 2 or 3......
Okay so maybe I just need them all, every colour, every style.
Cos do you know - they make me smile!

Take care Zo xx

11 comments:

Faye said...

Love what you have done so far Zoe think maybe I need to give this a try Faye x

Faye said...

Love what you have done so far Zoe, think I may need to give this a try I like the idea that it can be random stuff Faye x

Helen said...

Great Smash! I have just read your "all about me" page and think you have immense courage. So good on you - and I'm still working down the WOYWW list myself, I haven't finished it yet.
Hope you enjoy the weekend.

emma mitchell said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling yourself .
I love this idea and love what you have done with your smash book . Think I might need one of these.
Take care and sending you big hugs
Emma xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

I hope you are feeling better today Zoe, I know how awful it is to be at the mercy of your body.

I do some scrapbook stuff but I love the idea of a smash book. I have a house full of theatre and train tickets and recipes on scraps of paper. Every so often I have a clean out but it always upsets me to get rid of these memories.

Keep up the good work.

Dionne

Stephie Boots said...

OMG look at your little blue boot!! Can't believe that's on there!! SO CUTE!!

I love what you've done already you've been busy!!!! xxx

Vicky said...

It looks fantastic Zoe so far..and I hope you feel better soon sweetie..:o)

have a lovely weekend...big hugs Vicky xx

Karen said...

Your smash book is wonderful hun - it's really got me smiling here..
Sorry you've had some bad days love..

hope you're in for some better ones.
Gentle hugs.
Karen.xx

Pixie Moongazer said...

That book is ace, you'll have so much fun filling it in. And the next... What a great way to look back on things and smile :)

dottielottie said...

Hi Zoe, hope you are feeling a little better. Smash books seem to be the new 'in thing', and I love what what you have done in yours so far.Have you die cut your name, or are they bought chipboard letters. I love the style of font.Hope you feel up to a bit more 'smashing' lol.
Hugs
Lottie x #164

June Nelson said...

OOh Zoe love what you have done up to now, this will be a wonderful treasured keepsake im sure, Imay have to make one in the future Ilove the idea huggies June xxx