Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Tuesday 12 June 2012

Quotes, Smash & a garden?

As you know I've been enjoying my Smash* journalling but to be honest not much else has been happening here creatively, am seriously feeling the pressure, I've Father's Days cards and Birthday cards that need to be made this week and DT projects to do, but do you think I can find the mojo needed to do it? No. My brain is resting in fog, other stuff is playing on my mind too, but hey that's life so I need a good kick up the proverbial backside to get on with it!

So here's some more Smash* pages and a card that I've managed to create over the last few days - 




Pages full of quotes, random things that made me smile or inspire me. Some I stuck in as they are, others I cut up and spread around the page. I added stickers and tickets. I even bought a tub of coloured paper clips to use in my Smash* books, love that idea of just being able to clip something into place.




This card took me ages to decide what to do, I knew it had to have a garden theme so I trawled through all my images till I found this one, then I realised I could combine photo real imagery with art work - Daisies. See the daisies in the pot on the image and then I used the daisies from Sheena Douglas's Paint Fusion CD-ROM for the added decoupage. I added the sentiment and candi, which I chose specifically as each has the words flowers, or blossom on them! 

Inside I used the same image but faded it and then stamped the proverb which is a Creative Expressions stamp to create the matching insert. Job done! Phew.

Right now I need to decide what to make my wonderful dad for Father's Day. 

Oh this will make you laugh - well it did me, especially when I told my mum, my son's school is going all biometric! Ha ha welcome to the future, no longer will money be used or needed in school, oh no, just scan your thumb! 

Obviously money has to be loaded onto children's account so that they have credit but how cool is that?

I told mum and she was bemused and asked what biometric was, so I told her, and said it won't be long and that's what everything will be, no cards and pins any more, just scan your thumb! 

Take care Zo xx


5 comments:

Michelle Webb said...

Love your Smash journal Zo, wonderful pages too, looks really interesting, love to grab it and have a read. Those journals are a touchy feely, you have to lift things up and read tickets and things. I love the interesting bit n bobs. Michelle x

emma mitchell said...

Love the quotes on your smash* pages and they look fabulous as well.
Your card is gorgeous and love love love those daisies .
Hugs Emma xx

What I Created Next said...

Great Smash Journal.

SandeeNC said...

Well I am glad you explained what biometric was, as I didn't have a clue! So glad you have been having a "smashing" good time!! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Wendy Fraser said...

Fantastic!!!! xx