Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 11 June 2012

Material Girl

Ha ha wasn't that a Madonna song - hmm yes I remember dancing around my bedroom to that! (Many moons ago I'll add.)

Don't worry I'm not mad.......okay, I see you smiling, so I am a little!. Anyway it's the start of a new challenge over at Crafty Boots and the theme this time was set by the lovely Tracie and she chose Material. So we want to see your entries using material, it can be on a card, a page or anything as long as you use material somewhere.

I confess I was a bit stuck, I'm not into sewing or anything and, to be honest, the only material in my house is, well, my clothes and I wasn't about to cut up any even for this challenge!

A few weeks back I went on a little trip out with my friend Debs during that outing we did wander into a well know crafty store where I purchased 2 pieces of felt, only because I loved the animal print. Thankfully I remembered that I had them so I came up with this bookmark - 




I cut a strip of Zebra Felt wide and long enough for my chosen idea and cut into the top to create a fringed edge.  I stapled a slim piece of card into the middle to create a firm base to glue my image onto. The image (Boobie from Krista Saturated Canary range) was coloured with a mix of markers before being glued onto the card strip and the felt.  I added some Zebra Card Candi and Glossy accents to complete the project. Simple. As you can see from the pictures the bookmark sits perfectly in a book with the fringed edge peeking over the top!

I must confess I love it and I shall be making more of these material bookmarks with different characters on.
Right I must get on with designing my next digital image.......Ssssh don't tell anyone, but it will be making an appearance at the next Crafty Boots challenge! <wink, wink, nod, nod>

Take care Zo xx






15 comments:

Inkypinkycraft said...

That is a great bookmarK!! Fab, love the beautifully coloured image too! Hugs trace x

emma mitchell said...

Fab idea Zoe. Love this image and your colouring on this gorgeous bookmark.
Hugs Emma xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Loving your bookmark Zo, you have done a fantastic job on this.

By the way, I don't believe it was that long ago since you last danced around your bedroom to Material Girl!

Have a great day.

Dionne xxx

CraftyDaffy said...

This is Fab! I love the SC image and the Zebra backing is inspired! Really lovely. Can't wait to see your next digi btw. Xx Denise

Gabrielle said...

Hahaha!!! I danced around to that song too - but it was a bit more recently than when I first danced to it when it was first released!!! I always thought I'd end up cover in diamonds from a grateful admirer or two... I'm still waiting!
Fab idea of the bookmark! Love how you used the colours so cleverly! xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous bookmark Zoe, I like the felt and of course the image.
Kevin xx

Helen said...

i love the bookmark, the zebra print is gorgeous... am stuck still for the next one (and my printer doesn't work!) tee hee.

coops said...

fantastic bookmark zoe.i love the stunning image :D

xx coops xx

Vicky said...

Fabulous Zo...!

big hugs Vicky xx

Emma Williams said...

hahaha...you've put that song into my head now and I've definitely spent many happy hours dancing around to it in the past!!
Fabulous bookmark and once again, your colouring is just superb!! I love it...
Love Emma xxx

Asia King (aka Joanna K) said...

Wooow, a bookmark with an attitude lol ;). Great project Zoe, love the girl and your colouring is superb! xx

Bev said...

What a clever take on the fabric challenge. I love bookmarks and I reckon this one would raise a smile from everyone. Super!

June Nelson said...

Wow this is a fabulous bookmark me darlin just love this and the zebra print is brilliant huggies June xxxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous bookmark, love it.
luv
Debby

Stephie Boots said...

Love this Zoe. I can't believe you cut up your felt though! HEHE! My animal print ones are sat in a box specially for stroking!! :) Although I did have to break out the polka dot one for this challenge too! Super cute and beautifully coloured. xxx