Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 25 June 2012

Crafty Boots does Sport!

Happy Monday to you all!

Today sees the launch of a new challenge over at Crafty Boots and this time the challenge is SPORT, set by .........Me!

I nearly set it as Bristol Rovers, but thought no one would be able to do that so I changed it to Sport, it certainly pushed the DT girls to their crafty limits and I was often told how far out of their comfort zones they were pushed. I love it! Lol

So in order to celebrate my challenge I designed a new digital stamp available from Here she's called 'Sporty Boots' (there is also a special offer running for the duration of this challenge, Sporty Boots digital stamp is half price!).  The idea for her is that I always find male orientated sport images but not so many female versions, plus I wanted a character that wasn't a specific sport, but one that could be used for any depending on how you colour her and what you put with her - a bat, a ball, a hockey stick, a golf club, a set of hurdles or a high jump...........you get the idea!

So here are 2 projects I've done using 'Sporty Boots' - 



The first is a normal DL birthday card, coloured in suitable England colours, inspired by the Euro Football finals on at present (I was hoping that when you read this, England would still be in the finals, but it wasn't to be!) She's coloured with Copics and I used Portobello Road flag paper. I added ribbon and candi too. Perfect for any female footy fan! 

The second project is different - I wanted to show how digital stamps can be used to do more than just print and colour. It's basically an 8 x 8 scrapbook page created in Craft Artist Pro, using frames, materials, backgrounds and embellishments.  I dropped 'Sporty Boots' into the frame to create a picture. Then after printing I added a ribbon hook, some glossy accents and some gems and then mounted it onto card to create a hanging that could be put into any sport mad girl's bedroom, and here's the thing, I didn't colour the digital stamp on purpose, I've left it so that the recipient can colour it themselves to match their favourite sporting colours - if it had been me, she would've been in blue & white quarters! 




With clever shadowing the images look to have layers when actually it's mainly flat!  Of course, this could be any colour, but I went with the lime green, pink and turquoise combination, just because that's what I felt like!

She could be coloured to just be a Tom-Boy, a rambler, or even non-sport related, imagine her coloured in just normal colours because girls wear shorts and t-shirts every day too, not just for sport!

I really hope you like her, I'd love to see some creations using her for our challenge, why not join in, you never know you could be our next winner or one of our top three earning Crafty Boots recognition.

Take care Zo xx





11 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Zoe

I love the new Sporty boots, I bought mine last week but have not had the chance to colour her yet.

Both of your layouts are brilliant and are very inspiring. Thank you.

Dionne xx

Gabrielle said...

Lovely cards - the image works brilliantly with both layouts and shows just how versatile it is! As one of those pushed FAR outside her comfort zone I should thank you! I enjoyed it once I thought of an idea but boy, the idea took a long time to come! Much love and congrats on a fun, if challenging, theme!

Caroline said...

Hi Zo just found your blog and your creations are beautiful love these they are gorgeous. Caroline xxx

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow Zoe what fab creations ,Love sporty Boots she's beautiful and wow wow wow your colouring is just amazing.
As for this challenge it was definitely a challenge but was also a lot of fun.
Hugs Emma xx

Helen said...

Thanks for really stretching me this time! I love your cards though, they are just fab fun ..

CraftyDaffy said...

Well done on the digi and on both creations! I love the background for the card and your scrapbook layout is lovely! xx Denise

Wendy Fraser said...

Fab cards, really fun xx

SandeeNC said...

LOL, I think you have a sadistic side to you laughing at their being streatched comments, you are a hoot! Lovely image, you did a great job! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

coops said...

so stunning zoe.your image is brilliant ;D

xx coops xx

June Nelson said...

Wowser lovely darlin and what a great image love it, have a good day love jUne xxx

Emma Williams said...

Sport and you??? Such a perfect theme, that goes together so well!!! :D These cards are absolutely gorgeous...love them!!
Hugs Emma xxx