Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 31 October 2011

Young At Heart

Good morning everyone!

Well I hope you all have found the benefit of the 'extra' hour? Not sure I have yet, the time change does affect my medication and it takes a while for everything to settle down again.

Today there's a new challenge launched over at Crafty Boots - the theme this time is Young At Heart.

My DT card is an easel card that I've made for my friend's son, Ioan, who'll be 2 on Nov 5th.


The images are taken from the MCS Young at heart CD-ROM, I used the fab scissors tool to create my own decoupage of this fun toy shelf. I used the text feature to add the words in the banner. All set on the beautiful blue centura pearl card-stock. And as per usual (well for me) I added some card candi (Card candi is available to buy from The Crafty Boots online shop).  You can't see it on the picture but I also used Wink of Stella pens to add some sparkle to the toys as well as some glossy accents to bring out different features.

Hope you like my efforts for this challenge & I look forward to seeing your entries!

Take care Zo x

5 comments:

Gabrielle said...

Lovely card and so much work and detail in it! I hope you are very proud of your make! Gx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Zoe, the image is perfect of a little one.
Kevin xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Zoe, I love this card. By some twist in my brain it reminds me of my old box of paints from when I was a child, isn't that odd?

Still, it's a great card.

Dionne

coops said...

gorgeous card zoe.great colours and i love the sweet image ;D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie, Loving your creation today the colours are spot on, hugs pops x