Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 14 October 2011

Digital Drawing!

Morning!

The sun is shining here in Somerset, but it's feeling a bit chilly.  This week I thought I'd share with you a couple of things.

I've always been interested in art (my dad's an artist) and have always been able to pick up a pencil when in the right frame of mind and create.  Recently, as my CD collection for crafting has grown, and having watched such talented crafter's, like Nikky Hall etc, on tv, I decided to get myself a graphic's tablet. I want to have a go at designing for myself (and maybe one day for you all!).  Not having a vast amount of money to spend and not being sure if I'd get on with said tool, I opted for a cheap version. But have to say the £25 Trust version I've bought is fab, easy to use and does the job for now. So here's my first attempt at drawing digitally.
Don't ask why I drew this character or why I drew him with such big spiky hair, he just happened! I really enjoyed messing about with the technology & software. Discovering how to do everything for the first time was great fun, spent the evening oohhhing and aaahhing, and clapping hands as I worked it out!

Let me know what you think of my character/drawing, am interested to see what people make of him!

I will be working on more drawings that's for sure, and I have an idea for a potential CD/stamps! Watch this space.

Right I also want to share with you two cards that I was asked to make by a family friend.

First is a feminine Mum card,


The second is a golfing card.


Hope you all have a fab day and a lovely weekend. Will be back at the beginning of the week to share my next DT card.

Take care and thanks for popping by.
Zo x

3 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous cards Zoe, I like the colours of your Mums card. and the design of the golf card, your drawing is brilliant. I look forward to seeing what card you make with him.
Kevin xx

Pop's Cards said...

These are gorgeous sweetie so sweet hugs pops x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Hi Zoe have just discovered your blog and love all your cards, will be interested to see what card you make with your lovely drawing. I have now become one of your followers. Alison xxx