Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 15 October 2014

WOYWW 280

Well hello from a grey and damp Somerset. It's desk hopping day once more so I suggest you pay Julia a visit at The Stamping Ground to see what I'm on about!

Well you will all be pleased to know my desk has been tidied, then messed up again. Despite having another bad week, I've felt up to doing some crafting and am working on transforming a small blank album I bought ages ago. It's a present for a friend in Australia. Am cheating - it's her birthday in November so I'm making it as a present for that, but making it for her to use this Christmas! I'm using Vintage Christmas papers from My Mind's Eye to cover it. I'm also extending the pages by creating flaps to pull down/up/out all inspired by Sam (Hettie) and her amazing albums that she brings to the WOYWW crop for us to see. Though my effort is no where near Sam's marvellous creations!

So right hand side sees the pile of papers I'm using.

The window side is covered this is how I left it last night. I chose the next paper so left it there. There are all the embellishments, washi tapes and candi, tools and glues. There's the pages I've done and those waiting to be covered.

So that's me. Thank you so much for all of your comments of late, all putting a smile on my face while in pain and feeling not good. You are all a really lovely supportive, fabulous bunch!
Take care Zo xx

15 comments:

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Yours is the second Hettie inspired album I've seen this morning! I think she'll be thrilled that her amazing work has inspired others to have a go :-) yours is looking good!
Hugs, LLJ 23 xx

Hettie said...

Hello there! Wow! I just love those papers you are using. Please let me know when it is up and I can see it. You are so kind.
Hugs
xx 43

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Zoe, thats a fab idea for a sort of 2 in 1 pressie! Glad you are able to do some crafting,while not being well. Seems like the dreaded lurgeys got everyone last week. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #38 xx

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Looking great so far Zoe. What a lovely gift. Happy Wednesday to you xx

Fiona #66

lisa said...

Hi Zoe, you are looking really busy there. What a lovely gift for your friend. Sam sure seems to have inspired the deskers this week, yours is the 2nd book I've seen this week that has been inspired by hers.
Hugs Lisax #31

Helen said...

what a great gift that will be! hope you feel better soon. Helen 5

Lisca said...

I love those papers. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
Thank you for letting me peep over your shoulder.
Have a good week,
a hug and God bless,
Lisca#26

fairy thoughts said...

Hi Zo I hope you are having abetter week this week, it looks like you are having fun with the album and clever that it will end up as two presents in one a BOGOF in fact.... love the paer combinations too.
thanks for your visit earlier
janet #12

Art Joy of Sharing with Peg and Shel said...

Wow i am loving that paper combo. Hope all is well now. Peg R 77

Queenie Jeannie said...

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling well! I hope you feel better soonest!!! Christmas projects always seem to help, so you're probably already feeling that good mojo!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #21

Chrysalis said...

Hi Zo - your friend will be thrilled with the album. I hope that making it will take your mind off your pains and aches, but that you will feel much better very soon. Hugs for now, Chris # 16

My name is Cindy said...

Sounds like a great project Zo, I'm sure your friend will love it. I would really like to do an album like Hettie's, they are gorgeous. I'm sure you'll do a great job!! Have a good week, I'm late as usual. Cindy x

Kelly said...

Thanks for the peek at your desk. I love MME papers. I've been collecting their 6x6 pads LOL Headed to Hettie's now to check out her albums. Can't wait to have room to play again. Soon! Creative Blessings! Kelly #56

Julia Dunnit said...

I'm late!
Hettie will be deeply flattered, and look at what you've already done - it;s quite quite lovely.
Am so sorry you've had a bad week, I look forward to reading of a better one very soon. xx

Shoshi said...

You've got some great papers there and I am sure what you do with them will be lovely. Hope you have a better week this week!

Happy belated WOYWW,
Shoshi #37