Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 7 January 2013

Black & Bright! - Crafty Boots

Happy Monday everyone!

Today I'm back to share with you my latest DT piece for Crafty Boots Challenges and the theme this time is Black plus a bright colour chosen by Freya, so we want to see how you put black with bright, so it could be pink, lime, blue, red whatever colour you choose, but not anything pale and washed out!

So for my piece I've created a page for my 8 x 8 scrapbook album using black with bright blue/white!


So as you can see it's about Bristol Rovers and is one of a number of pages I plan to do about me and Keagan supporting them. Before anyone asks, 'Up The Gas!' is what we say as Bristol Rovers' nickname along with being called 'The Pirates' is 'The Gas' and we supporters are known as Gasheads! 



This is Kaylee and the image is made using the Kaylee's Closet wardrobe set plus the additional Winter Warmth set both available from Crafty Boots. I've coloured her using my Copics and, of course, coloured to  match the Blue and White of Bristol Rovers! Oh and I decided to dye her hair with blue too, something I have done in real life!


The background behind Kaylee is a Creative Expressions stamp - Newsprint that I was given for Christmas, at the top you can make out the word FOOTBALL so it was a perfect stamp for me!


This fab spiders webbing creates a super contrast to the black and sort of resembles a goal net!


I added Card Candi and wooden stars that I coloured with the same blue.


The same with this camera, I placed it here as in the photo you can see one of the camera people taking pictures from the game.

As you all know I'm a huge Smash Book fan but while playing in my journals I've discovered I can do layouts, I can put things together to create a page, something I've not done before so I've decided to create a  8 x 8 scrapbook that I will bind myself using my Cinch so that I can just keep creating pages to make memories!

I'm going to make a 2nd page to match this one with journalling on to explain about the photos. I've recently really bought into the whole idea of journalling and putting memories/moments/ideas/family history onto pages so that they won't be forgotten and lost.

Look forward to seeing your creations, see you over at Crafty Boots Challenges.
Take care Zo xx

4 comments:

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zo this is gorgeous love the layout and the colours you have used. Hope you are keeping well. love Alison xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Zoe

I love this scrapbook page, I would never have thought of making a stamp my main image but it works really well. Great colour combination as well.

Happy New Year.

Dionne xx

Helen said...

Love your blue! Hope you're well.

Gabrielle said...

This is brilliant and so Zoe! How perfect is that background stamp? Much love x