Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 10 December 2012

Crafty Boots does Christmas!

Good afternoon everyone - I'm back today to share with you all my project I made for the latest challenge over at Crafty Boots challenge blog. No surprises that the theme is CHRISTMAS!

I wanted to make a decoration to hang in my kitchen window, my colour theme is lime green, white & turquoise accents so I took some bauble stamps, dies to cut them out, appropriate colour ink pads & Crafty Boots deluxe card plus some white felt, gems & Star Dust Stickles to decorate and got to work to create this dimensional decoration - 





I basically stamped out the baubles, cut them out using the dies through my Cuttlebug and then took 3 at a time. Scored 2 down the centre & stuck them together and then stuck those 2 to the third. It's a very simple process once you get your head around it. Once all the bauble pieces were ready I roughly cut a circle to which I arranged the baubles using both flat & dimensional glue to keep the bauble at different heights, this last photo shows a closer look at how I arranged them. Once it was all dry I stuck a small circle which I had covered with the white felt I had die cut over the top to hide the centre area. Added gems and went a little mad with the Stickles!

To finish I attached ribbon to the main section and then glued it between the matching baubles to create a dangling display. More gems and Stickles were added. 

It is now hanging in my window and gently moves & twinkles and looks rather fetching even if I say so myself.

I can't wait to see what you all come up with for our challenge, how about thinking outside the box and coming up with your own decoration or something different than your normal style?

On a personal note, apologies once again for my lack of  blog visits & comments, I'm having to rest up lots & every time I try to catch up with things I end up going round in circles!! 

I'll get there! 

Take care Zo xx

10 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Another really lovely decoration Zoe. There seems to be on end to the shapes you can make with this combination of dies and stamps...... and they are so much fun to make.

Merry Christmas.

Dionne xxx

JoZart Designs said...

Nice one Zoe! So effective and stylish!
Jo x

Caroline said...

I love this the decoration is so elegant. Caroline xxx

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow Zoe this is gorgeous and I love the green.
Hugs Emma xx

SandeeNC said...

ohhhhhhhhhhh my, I just love this! It's beautiful, love everything about it, the colors, dimension...it's perfection! waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is gorgeous love what you have done here, huggles pops x x x

coops said...

wow this is gorgeous zoe.really elegant and i love the colours :D

xx coops xx

June Nelson said...

Wow this is beautiful shug, its way better than what you could buy in the shops , just brilliant big huggies June xxxxxxxxxxx

Elizabeth said...

This is so pretty, Zoe. I love the colour mix - very fresh and non-traditional. I bet it looks great in your room. Elizabeth xx

Words and Pictures said...

Love this, so elegant, and the papers look great together... beautiful structure!
Alison x