Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 27 July 2011

Nature's Wonder

Hope Wednesday has been fine and dandy for you?  It's been warn here, well warm enough for me to get my legs out! But it's been cloudy most of the day.  I have been rather slow lately, and haven't created much in terms of cards, but I have finished my Rural Rovers article, well ahead of deadline too!

Right thought I'd share with you a card I've made for my dad to give my mum for their Anniversary in August. He hasn't asked me yet but I know he'll be expecting a card.  I've used one of my new Creative Expression's stamps which I stamped onto white card and coloured using the distress inks.  As you can see I'd used the Tim Holtz Distressed Core-dinations card-stock to create a vintage distressed look.  I also used spellbinders dies to create the flower, a 1st for me, but I'm pleased with the effect. My butterfly punch came in handy to embellish this design.



I used Weathered wood and Frayed Burlap distress inks and core-dinations card.  I did think about putting more onto this card as I was worried it lacked something, but I'm pleased I didn't as I feel anything too ornate wouldn't suit mum or dad. Thanks for looking. Take Care Zo x

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hi Zoe, your card is fab, I like all the distressing, butterflies and that fab flower, I hope your Mum is doing well.
Kevin xx

Elizabeth said...

Lovely card, Zoe, the flower is super, lovely colours and love the embossing and distressing on coredinations card. We are having stunning weather here, the sun has been cracking the pavement but, apparently, that is all about to change and rain is on it's way - and I watered the plants earlier :( Elizabeth x

Teresa said...

Oh wow what a beauty Zoe, lovely colours and fab embellies too.
hugs Teresa xx

Paula said...

Its a gorgeous card, love the natural colours you've used as well :) Paula :)

coops said...

beautiful card zoe.the vintage colours are gorgeous and fab distressing and images ;D

xx coops xx

Emma Williams said...

Fabulous card, Zoe and I love that layered flower...really lovely work!

Thank you for all your really kind words and comments over on my blog. I'm so glad that I've been able to inspire you with all my projects and I hope I haven't been boring you too much with all the Craftwork Cards stuff! I did say I made a lot! lol

Hope you're having a great week.
Love Emma x