Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Me & My Stick!

Good morning, well it's beautifully sunny here in Somerset.

Right this post is to show the bit of fun I had when I decided to decorate my walking aid/crutch/stick whatever you want to call it! I've accepted that I'm going to have to use it all of the time now when I go out, but what I couldn't accept was using a boring grey stick! So I set about (with a little help) to Zoe-fy it. Of course, blue & white had to come into it.
 The Pebeo paints work well on metal, but to finish it off and protect it I used Crafter's Companion's Spray & sparkle clear varnish with glitter! Then I used My craft studio's paper expert glue to attach the gems. I now have a stick that reflects me, not boring old grey. lol What do you think?




It's different that's for sure. My friend suggested I do another one it a different colour scheme too.  So if you ever see a rather short lady with this stick, it'll be me! Take care Zo x

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Your stick/walking aid, whateva!, makeover is brilliant and fun - a real conversation starter too so I bet you'll make a lot of new friends when out and about :) Elizabeth x