Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 20 March 2015

Friends through thick and thin!

Now blogger friends, I apologise for my absence recently. I've neglected you all really but I do plan to start blogging more often. With craft projects and personal stories too. Especially as I'm no longer posting as much for DT work.

So today I'm sharing the birthday card I've made for one of my best friends. This year I'm not making cards for everyone as usual. I'm only making for close family and friends. At the end of the year I'm going to make a donation to my fundraising in lieu of all the cards I've not made. I'm keeping track!

If you want to find out more about my fundraising please check out my page - any donations gratefully received!


So my card -

I used a pre-cut shaped base card from Craftwork Cards. The papers were freebies. I kept it simple and added flowers, buttons and pearls.

The image is from Some Odd Girl and has to be one of my favourites to colour at present. I coloured her using my Copics.  The dappled background is done using Graph It markers. 

So there you go. I'm off to footy tonight with my mum. Keagan has a riding lesson so my dad is taking him to that. Keagan will listen to the game on the radio at home with Baxter!

Take care Zo xx

1 comment:

Gail said...

Hello, Zo! I'm looking through the blogs and ran across yours. I read your posts from newest to back to here and saw this card and LOVE it. This is an awesome creation. I love the fold and that image is cute as can be. I love how you did the white dots around her...it really brightens her up.

I hope you are feeling a bit better today, although I know you will never have GREAT days with your health issues. I'm battling spine stenosis now and have been told 3 weeks ago that I need a hip replacement! I'm almost 60 but OMGosh I didn't think I'd wear out so soon!

You're in my prayers. Oh, and I love the card you made for your Dad with the boat on it. Awesome painting on watercolor paper!