Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 6 August 2014

WOYWW 270 - Can you see who it is?

 Hello Wednesday and hello desk dashers!

So my desk is bare today after tidying up but luckily I had the thought to take some pictures last night as I was working on my Smash Book so here they are - 

Usual right side - need to put all those pens away really! The bound book under the images is to keep all my class info & exercises from the Clothing class at Kit and Clowder, I've finished the Skin and Hair class already and learned so much!

Window side, Ottlite lighting the way.

So I'm working on my Smash Book, one that is about me. I've got one for Keagan which I've gone right back to when he was born so decided to do the same for me. 

That black and white pic is of me 3 days old! My mum let me have the albums so I took photos of the photos to use. I've realised just how few were taken as back then it cost too much to keep snapping like we do today. There's the small piles of photos that I've sorted into how old I was to add. That photo on the right is of me with my grandparents (mum's side). I'm adding as much detail as I can and questioning mum if I don't know!

So there's me; pop over to The Stamping Ground to check in with Julia to link up, nose or whatever!!
Take care Zo xx

10 comments:

Marit said...

that book about yourself will be a treasure to hold on to and flip through all the rest of your life, I know so! (I made something similar - my dad was a fanatic amateur-photographer so I'm lucky to have lots of photos of my childhood) Happy woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #56

Neesie said...

A very atmospheric photo of your tidy desk there Zo,
Great lighting ;D
Love the photo of you just a few days old. How special is that?
Treasure to keep for sure and I think it's so important to ask questions about the past whilst you can to be able to record and pass the details on. I wish I'd asked more when I had the opportunity.
Have a great week
Happy WOYWW Neesie #48

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a neat idea to go back to the beginning for your book. I know what you mean about not as many photos taken in those days. My dad was all about making slides out his pictures, not exactly easy to view! The desk is looking good. You should put your markers back before they all start rolling away! Or is that just a problem I have? And they don't just "roll" they get a little help from the cats. Judy #70

Jackie said...

How lovely you have done is smash book from being a baby! It will be something for him to keep forever!
Jackie 19

Lunch Lady Jan said...

D'awww, you're so cute! Lovely to have such a cute and personal smash book :-) great space as usual!
Hugs, LLJ 26 xx

Eliza said...

Love your book and get as much information now as you can, life can change in a heartbeat and information go with it, this I have experienced myself. How wonderful to create a book of yourself I personally am afraid to do mine, yep seriously afraid and I don't know why. Strange I know. I was also admiring your colouring on the card up the back, just stunning and I presume you did the one in the frame too. Thanks for sharing your desk.

Happy WOYWW
Hugs Eliza & Yoda 69

Unknown said...

Wonderful idea! Always good to give photos a loving home and this will give your children a way to get to know you. I have so many photos sitting in boxes and crates waiting to be scanned, printed and given a home. Thank you for the inspiration! Diane #52

Helen said...

love the pic of you as a baby, awww!! Enjoy your Smash book. Helen 2

Debs Willis said...

Lovely pic of you as a baby, and what a great idea for a smash book
Love that you have tons of pens out, creative genius at work!
Happy woyww
Debs #26

Darnell said...

Thank you for sharing your smashing Smash book, Zo! You were an adorable baby! I applaud you for doing one for yourself, too!! Happy Belated WOYWW!! Hugs, Darnell #18