Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 17 January 2014

Every Girl needs shoes!

Morning!

Well I'm back to share my latest Polkadoodles DT make and I can say I really enjoyed this one. Why not pop over and find out all the details and join in!

So the DT were asked to bring out our girlie side this week, and for me, that means shoes! I chose this gorgeous digi from the stunning new Dollie Daydream Girl Talk CD to make this calendar hanging. I printed out the images a number of times as I wanted to decoupage various sections and coloured each top part with a mix of markers. Simple matting and layering along with a calendar block and ribbon finished it all off.

And yes, the shoes had to be blue, of course!!


I decoupaged 3 layers and had to plan which one was top so I didn't colour more than I had too. Though, I did add a little colour around the edge of the layer below just so you can't see white! 


I didn't want to take away from the shoes so chose simple black and white layers, but the sparse white background did detract from the shoes so I used a fine liner and dotted lots of dots to 'fill' the space to take ensure the white didn't jump out too much. Am sure I saw someone do that on the TV and thought it bizarre but it really does work!

Take care Zo xx


8 comments:

Anjie said...

This is fab Zo, great idea.
Anj
xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant Zoe Love Alison xx

Lou Sims said...

Unique idea Zoe and love all your layering. Lou x

Liz said...

Love this! Hugs xx

Bev said...

Just brilliant Zoe!

Claire said...

Wow looks fab Zoe, gorgeous project! Hope you're having a good weekend
Claire xx

coops said...

so stunning zoe.those shoes are fabulous :D

xx coops xx

Robin said...

Awesome Zoe!!!!