Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Been a busy girl!

You may have noticed that apart from my DT projects I haven't posted anything for a while (other than Paris!) so I thought I'd do a post and share a few things I've been making over the last few weeks.

Here goes;

The first is a wedding card my uncle asked me to make for him to give his Godson & wife.  He didn't know any details (other than they all went paint balling for the stag do!) so I stuck with white. Good old Centura Pearl card & paper with added pearls, ribbons & flower.



The next is a Christmas card for my friend. Her husband asked me if I'd make it for her, we're both Rovers fans so it had to be blue & white! Ha ha.  The image is from Debbi Moore as are the papers. I added velvet ribbon, pearls and flowers.



Ok next are personalised colouring books that I've made for my niece's and my friend's little lad.  Like us all I'm on a tight budget for Christmas and am trying to make gifts where possible and decided to make these.  I used Polka Doodles Pretty Sweet and Pretty Tuff cd's for the images along with other digital stamps I have on my computer. I created the covers using the pre-coloured images and added their names. The wallets are from Tesco's, a pack of 6 for about £1.25 I think, I just punched holes through the pages and filed them in. Each book has at least 10 pages of different images to colour. Simple but very effective. Colouring books aren't always cheap any more and you can't buy them with your name on, so hopefully they'll be perfect gifts.






Another gift! My friend loves Kingfishers so I printed onto tissue and set into this candle that I bought relatively cheaply.  I've wrapped some ribbon around and hey presto another gift sorted!.

I set the image both sides so it doesn't matter where she puts it.

I've finished my Christmas cards and most are on their way to recipients or are ready to go this week.  I'm not as far down the present list as I'd like but am getting there. Bookmarks and name plaques to go!

Hope you're all well and not stressing too much!
Take care Zo x

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Zoe, you have been busy and I love your present ideas - I'm sure the children will just love the colouring books and the kingfisher image on the candel is very eye-catching - I'm sure it's going to be a popular conversation piece in your friend's home this Christmas. Hope you are keeping well, Elizabeth x

Pop's Cards said...

WOW Sweetie these are fabulous you have been so busy, huggles Pops x x x

Misty's said...

Hi Zoe
What a feast for my eyes! Love the idea of coloring books!I have seen lots of candles decorated lately but can not get enough of them. Loving both of your cards as well.
Michaela xx

Paula said...

Oh wow you've been busy!! Love them all, the colouring books are a fab idea!! Paula :))

Shelby said...

You've been busy busy busy! Love the clean lines on the wedding card and the color books are fab idea and the vintage card's colors are just beautiful.

Shelby