Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 25 November 2011

Paris - Part four

Good afternoon, well it's Academic Review day for us today, so me and Keagan have been to school to see his tutor. Thankfully (proud mum here!) he's doing really well and has continued on with the hard work from his 1st year at Secondary school. Phew, no sign of that teenage monster...yet!

Right Paris, this'll be my last post about my trip as I reckon you'll be fed up hearing about it!

For me the Tuesday day out has to be one of my most favourite parts of our whole trip.  I'm still a little flabbergasted by it all to be honest, even now some weeks on, I can't quite get my head around some of the things I saw and experienced.

The Musee d'Orsay sits overlooking the Seine, a beautiful building that used to be a railway station years ago!  I didn't take that many pictures inside because we weren't allowed but I have found copies of some of my favourite paintings to share.  I don't feel I can put into words enough to explain the place, but I know my co traveller and super friend Debs, will also be sharing her Paris experience over at http://debspenpot.blogspot.com/ so have a peek and see her take on it all.

You know when something so amazing takes your breathe away and makes you unable to put into words what you saw etc, well that's what it was like in the Musee d'Orsay.  The paintings were unbelievable, the statues  exhibitions were all stunning even if we didn't always get what was supposed to be going on!

Here's a just a few pics I took.
 We literally stood behind the clock and looked out across to the other bank of the Seine.
 Fab elephant statue outside.
 Entrance to the museum.
The building itself was stunning but so was most of the architecture we saw.

And here's some of my favourite paintings.






Other than the Renoir's, Monet's and Van Gogh's I was also intrigued by Gustav Caillebotte's work, some of Degas' paintings and by many of the pieces that were so life like I thought the characters could walk off the wall!

The museum has a fantastic website http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/collections/overview.html complete with videos, pictures of all the work and artists.

I also found http://www.gustavcaillebotte.org/ website, which has all his work and details. I'd never heard of Caillebotte before but am delighted to have found him.

I also found many sites that look at Edgar Degas's work too. As they say Google it!

I feel that I'm unable to really tell you about this wonderful place even though it grabbed me the most, so I recommend having a look at their website to see if you can see why I'm so speechless by it all.

Sometimes an experience is so big, it literally consumes us so that we can hardly speak - well that definitely sums up how I feel about Musee d'Orsay!

That's it, I promise I won't post about Paris any more!

Thanks for looking and take care Zo x

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Stunning paintings, thanks for sharing Zoe. enjoy your Sunday, hugs Teresa xx