Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 22 June 2011

My Paint Fusioned Mirror!

Good Evening,

Well here it is! Took me quite a while to finish but I'm so thrilled with the result. Just hope my friend's wife will love it too. Wanted to create something that was feminine, colourful and something just for her. Can't see me replicating this one again not on this scale.  The original mirror was a horrible blue/orange-y colour so I crackled the background and then went to town painting the daisies, tulips, lavender and berries. Not sure all of these would necessarily grow at the same time but hey, it's my artistic license! lol



I took some photos along the way to show how it came together.  The mirror measures approx. 19 inches in height and 13.5 inches in width so it's quite a big project.  I kind of went with it in terms of the colours, distressing and choosing what I felt worked as I painted.  It's certainly given me the confidence to attempt large projects in the future.  Hope you like it. Take care Zo x

4 comments:

inkydoodlecrafts said...

It's absolutely gorgeous Zoe, I'm sure your friends wife will be thrilled with such a thoughtful, creative gift :o)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wow Zo, It is absolutely fabulous,well done, I look forward to seeing more
Kevin xx

Cass said...

Wow, just spotted that you were following me on my blog so popped over. What fabulous work.

Cass

Teresa said...

Oh wow Zoe this looks great! xx