Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Saturday 11 June 2011

My 1st Challenge card in Blogland!

What a beautiful afternoon it is here in Somerset. Hope the sun's shining where you are?  Well here it is - my 1st challenge card in Blogland.  It's made especially for the launch of the Glittergeeks challenge blog (http://glittergeeks.blogspot.com/).  Let's hope I get the linking etc right!

Ok the theme is Glitz & Glamour, so I've made a Christmas card (Yes I know it's only June!) for one of my best friends. 




I used Debbi Moore's Paris Glitz & Glamour cd-rom for the decoupage.  I love cutting decoupage by hand even if it is difficult for me some days with my medical conditions, but it's a good way of keeping the fingers moving!

I backed the image onto Kanban Geranium Chestnut cardstock and mounted that onto an A5 Chocolate Centura pearl card base.

Th flowers are from Wild Orchid crafts & the ribbons and bits & bobs are from my crafty stash.

Hope everyone likes my effort.  Thanks for looking and supporting my blog.
Take Care Zo x

10 comments:

Lucy said...

Hi Zoe!
Beautiful card! Isn't Debbi Moore stuff so lush!
Thank you so much for joining us at Glitter Geeks challenge! Hope to see you next week too!
All the best. ~Josie xx

Helen Anderson said...

Stunning card Zoe, your friend will love it! Thank you so much for joining in our challenge and for your support! Good luck :)

Helen xx

Steph L said...

OMG I love it!! Very vintage Zoe and very glamourous!! I love the little roses in the corner, the ribbon and bow are lovely and the lady has a little look of Angelina Jolie?? Verrrrrry chic!!
Thanks for entering our first challenge at Glitter Geeks Zoe and Good Luck!

Steph xxx

Amy Tidd said...

Oh wow! The detail in this is fab!! Beautiful card! x

Stephie Boots said...

Hi Zoe,

So glad you could join in our first challenge!

This card is stunning, I love all the detail, especially the little charm! :) Hope you'll join us again next week chick xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Zoe, I like all the roses, good luck .
Kevin xx

Paula said...

This is beautiful!! I love the lush colours and the way you've done the flowers, totally gorgeous! Paula :)

Teresa said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful
Teresa xx

Uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Waw,, This card is very pretty, beautiful and creative,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Elizabeth said...

Hi Zoe, home form my holiday and popped over to check out your new blog - brilliant. Lovely card too, like the colours - you're friend will love it. Don't you just love the title of Kate Atkinson's novel - very quirky? Take care. Elizabeth x