Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 17 June 2011

Hello! My Father's Day card.

Well Good Afternoon everyone,

What a day, my mum has been rather poorly lately and over night she got worse so Dad took her into hospital. At first they thought it could be Appendicitis but now they think it's her Gall Bladder.  Am waiting to hear the latest so thought I'd come on here for a bit of company.

While I'm waiting I thought I'd post my 2nd challenge card for the Glittergeeks challenge so I'm entering my Father's Day card I've made for my Dad.  It's a Humphrey's Corner image, one that reminds me of many hours, wrestling and playing when I was a child, with my dad and brother! What fun times filled with much laughter and those memories inspired this card. I used the CD-rom for the decoupage image and papers.  I created the insert and text using my craft studio. Then topped it off with Card Candy! Love using candy.




Anyway hoping for better news later today when dad goes into see mum. Fingers Crossed. Off to link my post on the challenge blog, go me, getting the hang of this now. Take care Zo x

6 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card, I like the image, your Dad is going to love it.
I hope your Mum will be ok, sending healing thoughts.
Kevin xx

Helen Anderson said...

Aww, I hope your Mum's better soon Zoe. My Mum had the same thing a couple of years ago and she was fine once it had passed :).

Once again, a lovely card and nice that it links to happy memories! Good luck :).

Helen xx

Steph L said...

What a lovely card Zoe. It's very soft looking and cute.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!

Hugs Steph xxx

Steph L said...

I love this Zoe. It's so soft and cuddly looking. The colours are fab and i love the Candi. I LOVE candi!! Your card is beautiful. Well Done!
Thanks for playing with Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!

Stephie Boots said...

Great card Zoe!! Thanks for joining in at Glitter Geeks hun! :) xxx

Lucy said...

Hiya Zoe, Thank you for joining us again at Glitter Geeks!
Such a sweet card and perfect sentiments.
~Josie xx