Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Tuesday Twitterings!

Is that even a word? Twitterings. Not sure but it works for me and what I want to share today!

My Q & A daily journal inspired today's post when it asked - 

Who do you count on?

As someone with disabilities I count on a lot of people. My son. My family. My friends. But I want to point out that being needed by someone with disabilities takes its toll. My family especially do so much. I wanted to share one important charity with you.

My son, Keagan, has been attending Young Carers BANES

This charity supports all young carers in our area. Keagan was put in touch with them through school. He attends regular meetings and has enjoyed many trips out with them. When together the young carers can be themselves. There is no responsibility on them, no pressure to get things done.

They just enjoy having fun.

The Carers centre in Bath provides valuable services and support for all ages. They also have a Facebook page for young carers

 These charities can be found across the country. Every area will have something similar. So my message today is simple.

If you are counted on by someone, if you care for someone - you too can find help and support. You don't have to do it all alone. Find your nearest carers' centre and get in touch. Today.

Take care Zo xx

 

No comments: