Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 10 June 2013

Crafty Boots - Pink Butterfly

Good morning everyone, well I'm back today to share with you my DT creation for Crafty Boots challenge blog where the theme for this fortnight is -

PINK BUTTERFLY

as chosen by the fab Emma T.

For me, there was only one image I was going to use and that is Saturated Canary 'Butterflies', kind of an obvious choice really!


I used a 6.5 x 6.5 inch card base which I made myself then I matted and layered paper & silver mirror card. The image is coloured using Copics. The butterfly is an old punch I have.



Had to add sparkle!


I'm particularly happy with my colouring of this image.  For her dress I used RV63, 66 & 69, but to get the real depth in the folds I also added E49 which is a dark brown. Browns are really good for adding depth to pinks, reds etc.

Those of you who often ask about my colouring will perhaps be pleased to know I am going to add a tutorial page to my blog and will start to add photo based tutorials from simple basic colouring to more in depth tutorials. Obviously this will take time to prepare, but I will do my best!

Now pop over to the challenge blog and join in the fun! 
Take care Zo xx



8 comments:

Helen said...

great card Zoe.

Dee's Craft Room said...

Absolutely fabulous Zo, a stunning card.

Dionne xx

Di said...

Wow Zoe

This is absolutely fabulous! Terrific colouring and such a delightful card!

Hugs, Di xx

Alison Scott said...

Beautiful card. Can't wait to see your tutorial.

Vicky said...

Gorgeous hun....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

coops said...

so stunning zoe.really gorgeous image and your colouring is fantastic :D

xx coops xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Zo stunning card, beautiful image. Love Alison xx

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie this is just fabulous...

Hugs Pops x