Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Sunday 18 November 2012

Crafty Boots DT crafty get together - Swaps

Well good evening!

I'm home! I've been away since Friday as I went to Milton Keynes to meet up with my fellow Crafty Boots Design Team for a crafty day.

I decided to travel up Friday and stay till today just so I had some rest in between. My good friend Debs came with me to help with navigation, carrying bags and to keep an eye on me because I need someone to keep me in check and to make sure I don't over do things and, most importantly, to share some laughs and this weekend enjoy the crafting too! Oh and Debs helped with the driving which was fantastic as well.  I'm so lucky to have such friend who makes trips like this possible.

We had a super time and I'm pleased to say all of the ladies were amazing, so lovely and every bit the kind caring and super talented people I've come to know through their blogs, Facebook and Twitter.

Before the day some of us agreed to do a swap, to make a tag, ATC etc to swap with the others. This is what I made - I used my favourite colours of blue and lime green Dylusions inks combined with Wendy Vecchi and Stampin' Up stamps.  I laid all the tags on my mat and sprayed them all together randomly moving the brick mask. This meant all of the tags were the same but different if you know what I mean!




I dried them before lightly spraying some lime green Radiant rain shimmering mist over to give the sparkle. I added the stamps and then used a black and white pen to highlight, doodle and add detail. I used Picket Fence distress stain for the first time too. Great fun and it seemed the ladies liked them!!

We had an amazing time during our crafty day, trying new techniques and having fun.  On the way home today me and Debs stopped just outside Swindon at an Outlet park to have lunch in Dunelms, do some shopping and we popped in to Hobbycrafts, well it would have been rude not to, you know to finish off the weekend!

Now I'm off to bed once I un-pack, I'm shattered and hurting lots but it was so worth it.  I'll share some more photos soon. Take care Zo xx

4 comments:

Caroline said...

These are gorgeous I love the layout and the colours are beautiful. Caroline xxx

Helen said...

Zo, lovely to see you again and meet Debs too - glad you got home safely but am amazed you had the energy to do MORE shopping!!! Have a good rest now...

McCrafty's Cards said...

These are gorgeous Zoe, glad to hear you had a great time
Kevin xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wasn't Saturday a real treat? I hope you and Debs got home OK? I think you were very wise staying over, I did not get home until 1 am!

It was fabulous to meet you and Debs and thank you both for your lovely swaps. I do not have a craft room as such, so I am thinking of keeping the ones I gas given in a folder so I have quick access to everyone's contact details.

Dionne x