Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 26 November 2012

Anything Goes - Crafty Boots

Hello!

Today I'm sharing my DT project for the new Crafty Boots challenge which is Anything Goes!
Pop over HERE to join in the fun. I look forward to seeing what you come up with so go on, surprise us with a unique creation!

Okay so my project is a double Smash Book spread -


I'm using the yellow book to create pages to remember my trip to Paris. I'm covering any pages that don't fit my theme or I don't like with papers (don't forgot to pop by the Crafty Boots on-line store to see what yummy papers are in stock) and pages I've created.


I created this page using the 'I Love Paris' digital kit from Sarah Hurley. I added the real doily over the digi one and also added the Eiffel Tower die cut and flower.  Sarah has many gorgeous digital kits and embellishments - worth a look!



This page I added the pocket to keep some receipts I kept from our many stops at coffee shops.  We enjoyed the luxury Hot Chocolates and hot drinks on offer.  One place had a chandelier made of tea cups. As seen on the page in black and white.



I highlighted the chandelier using a Tim Holtz fragment attached with Glossy accents. I finished the pages with flowers, ribbon and card Candi before writing words that fit with the theme of the page. I feel it's important to hand write some things so that future generations can see our handwriting!

So I hope this inspires you to get Smashing! Let me know what you think and I'd love to hear if you have a Smash book or 2 (or 11 like me!!).

Take care Zo xx

6 comments:

Caroline said...

Fabulous page love the colours. Caroline xx

Di said...

Brilliant Zo - I can't imagine a chandelier made from tea cups, how clever. And lovely is your work too. Hugs, Di xx

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Brilliant Zo love the colours you have used. Love Alison xx

Hettie said...

Smashing layout of your book today. Love the colours you have used. Is "luxury" the new word for "expensive"?
A chandelier made of tea cups is a nicer alternative to the one at Kutna Hora in Czech. Google it so I don't have to explain!
xx

June Nelson said...

Wow Zoe its beautiful hunnie , love it big huggies June xxxxxxxxxx

Words and Pictures said...

Fantastic pages... love the handwriting, especially highlighted in white! I've still not quite worked out exactly what a Smash book is - but I love it! Thanks for the inspiration over at Crafty Boots!
Alison x