Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 2 March 2012

Not too early...is it?

Hello to you all on this fab Friday.

I'm looking forward to a weekend full of football & crafting. My boys are at home tomorrow so I shall be going to the Memorial Stadium, accompanied (and looked after, she keeps me on my feet!) by my fab friend Sue to watch Bristol Rovers. Then I shall be enjoying a spot of colouring, card making and maybe the odd playing with new ideas.

Anyway for those of you who visited me for WOYWW you would've seen that I've started making Christmas cards. Yeah ok I know.....it's March.

But.....the last few years I've always been put under pressure to make my cards and though the cards I made for the general masses (not the real special ones) were lovely, they were never the cards I really wanted to make. They had to be simple; topper, spot of matting & layering, stick on a sentiment & off they go type. But I have some beautiful stamps and I dearly want to make this year's cards with them. So that means starting early! I've come up with a plan, which I've already started - stamp lots of images out, then choose the papers FIRST before I colour. Then I can match the image to the papers. I'm still keeping them simple, I make just over 80 in total for friends & family so I can't get bogged down by each card. Anyhoo....here's the first batch!












I just love how one stamp can look different depending on the colours & papers.

They are all made using stamps from the Winter Cheer collection from Crafter's Companion, and are all coloured with Spectrum Noir pens. The papers are from many sources - bought, free with magazines, CD's etc.
To be honest I'm enjoying making these. I suppose I ought to get on with my Mothers Day cards & Easter cards really........

Thanks for looking, I love reading your comments. Take care Zo xx

9 comments:

~ Ali Robertson ~ said...

Definately not too early :O) Loveing these creations!! Fab

ali x

emma mitchell said...

Beautiful cards Zoe and I love your images. I must take a leaf out of your book and start early other wise I'll end up like last year
Hugs
Emma xx

Misty's said...

Hi Zoe
The cards you made a fantastic. The stamps are super cute.
Michaela xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

I am planning to start my christmas cards much earlier this year, these are all gorgeous, I like the images
Kevin xx

Teresa said...

These are all beautiful Zoe, great stamps. Always a good thing to be early! Have a great weekend. Teresa xx

Louise Welsh said...

all beautiful zoe but my fave is the one at the bottom with the grey silver paper, fabulous. louise xx

Gwen said...

I admire your forward planning. Have a wonderful weekend.
xxo

Emma Williams said...

A gorgeous set of cards and it's NEVER too early to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year!! :)
Love Emma xxx

Stephie Boots said...

omg you're making me feel bad about not starting my Christmas cards!! I was planning to do one a week this year as I didn't even finish last year's in time!! Maybe later in the year I'll make more progress!! Love these cards xxx