Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 23 March 2012

Inspired by Peter Rabbit.

What a wonderful day we have here in Somerset - I'll hold my hand up and admit I've spent a decent amount of time sat up the garden, reading my book with a cuppa on the go. However I want to craft all the time and not be stuck indoors on beautiful days like today so I have purchased one of those laptop table things, that is like a mini table with legs that sit either side of your lap. Perfect to use up the garden when I'm sat on my bench! Crafting in the sunshine is fantastic.

Anyway wanted to share this card with you all;


I've been inspired by all of the Beatrix Potter shows on TV, and just had to get out my CD's again to craft with the adorable Peter Rabbit. A while ago I started taking decoupage sheets to bed with me to cut up while I watch the TV in the evening. I popped all of the pieces into envelopes not to lose them. This meant I could get on and put the card together fairly quickly.  I've done this for many of my CD's, I've a basket full of envelopes holding cut up decoupage! Planning of working my way through them.

I kept this card simple, I wanted the main image to be the main focus of course, but I couldn't resist adding that complementing red, along with my buttons! I added the PR initials but decided against a specific sentiment as I reckon this could be used for many occasions.

I used -
Coredinations card
Centura Pearl card
Peter Rabbit CD-ROM
Collall glue gel & all purpose glue
Buttons
Bakers twine.

Enjoy the rest of the day, hope it's sunny where you are!
Take care Zo x

13 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Your card is very pretty, I love all the Beatrix Potter images and bought the CDs ages ago but have never used them. Your lovely card is making me think I should dig them out.

What a fab idea to sit in the sunshine crafting, I have been having a lazy afternoon making a pile of stamped images I coloured some time ago into cards. The trouble with this is that all the cards are starting to look alike, I need to shake-up my imagination!

Have a great weekend Zo, I hope he sunshine lasts for you.

Dionne x

Lisa said...

Hi Zoe, Awww cute card! Love the blue with a splash of red.

Lisa x

joyceguy said...

love the card very nice so sweet

Unknown said...

Great card Zoe I love this, have been making cards from my CD love the images .
Hugs Elaine

lisa said...

I love the idea of cutting up your decoupage in bed, think my Hubby might have something to say if I took anything other than a book!!
Your card is gorgeous. I just love Peter Rabbit.
The sun didn't get out here until about 3pm and it's misty again now so not quite sitting out weather. Here's hoping for the weekend though.
Hope you have a good one.
hugs Lisax

SandeeNC said...

ohhhh, next Wednesday we need to see a picture of your outdoor setup!! How unique would that be?? Oh please, do it!! waving hi from the rainy hills of North Carolina :)

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Zoe, I do like Beatrix Potter images, I like the design and the buttons.
Kevin xx

coops said...

gorgeous card zoe.fab design and the image is so sweet.
i love to read too, a lot!!
i have a bookcase literally bowing with the weight of books on it.i don`t think i would like a kindle as i like the suspense of turning the page to see what happens next.

xx coops xx

May said...

Beautiful card, just adore Peter Rabbit... we had a beautiful sunny day here in Eastbourne today also, Lovely!!! Hugs May x x x

Debbie x said...

Love it Zoe! So love Peter Rabbit!! Debbie x

Crafts-by-Alison.blogspot.com said...

Such a pretty card, glad to hear that you are enjoying the sunshine and crafting. Alison xxx

Deb's Pen Pot said...

Lovely, hon - like the touch of the initials too :0) Debs xxx

Barb King said...

Sweet card, I love Beatrix's illustrations! Barb