Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 23 January 2012

Crafty Boots Song Title Challenge

Hello everyone on this Monday morning. Hope you are all well?

Well it's that time again when Crafty Boots launches its next challenge. This time the theme is Song Title - so basically you choose a song title and make a project to fit what you have chosen.

I will confess I made my project as a Christmas present for my good friend. Debs loves fashion and writing, you can check out her blog here, she may not be a crafter (yet!) but you'll find her words inspiring and her blog is a real insight in the mind of a writer.

However when I found out what the theme was I just knew I wanted to share this project with you all, and set about finding the right Song Title for it. I came up with 'Handbags and Gladrags' by Stereophonics. I thought it fitted perfectly with not only my creation, but also with its recipient!



It is on a boxed canvas but the project is made entirely with paper & card stock. I distressed some neutral toned core-dinations card and stuck onto the canvas. Then I cut the A4 card covered with writing/postcards into a random shape and distressed it with vintage photo and walnut stain inks. The two lady images are cut from Graphic 45 paper which had the ladies on one side and the writing on the other, I used the other side to die cut to make the rose and leaves and also the small lacy square. A couple of hat pins, a bow and a few splodges of  water here and there completed the look!

Now you beady eyed crafter's who are viewers of  a certain crafty channel  may recognise this design. I entered it into the Dawn Bibby competition to win her Flower Patch collection. All you had to do was email pictures of your favourite paper craft project. This is one of my favourite makes of recent times. I never imagined Dawn would pick my entry - so was thrilled when I found out, plus seeing it on TV and hearing Dawn say it was one of her favourites certainly made my day!

Right the postman has just delivered my prize (I'm typing this Friday morning & scheduling the post!) so I'm off to play.

I look forward to seeing all of your Song Title entries, it'll be fun to see what you come up with!
Take care Zo x

6 comments:

Gabrielle said...

You know how much I love this! It is utterly adorable and I love the song too so it's a win win! Love what you did this time! xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is fabulous Zoe, I love the vintage look and that fab flower.
Kevin xx

Elizabeth said...

Hi Zoe, I admired this when I first saw it and nothing has changed, it's gorgeous. Love the flower and all the clever techniques you used ... great use of that lovely paper. Thanks for dropping by my blog and commenting ... as always, it's much appreciated. Elizabeth x

Dee's Craft Room said...

Wow, this is amazing Zoe. I have never done a canvass but you are giving me ideas.

Bye the way congratulations on your C&C win, well done.

Dionne

Pop's Cards said...

Morning sweetie this is so gorgeous, big hugs love pops x

coops said...

so stunning zoe.i love the vintage images and stunning colours and design :D

xx coops xx