Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 19 September 2011

Wings! My 2nd DT card

Good morning everyone - hope you all had a fab weekend?

My weekend was fairly quiet apart from going to football on Saturday - we lost, so came home disappointed but never mind, there's always next week!

This week I'm going to be busy making 60th birthday cards for my mum. Will share these with you once I've made them.

Right today I want to share with you my 2nd DT card for Crafty Boots.  The new challenge launches today and you can join in here craftybootschallenges.blogspot.com - Things with wings.  We were overwhelmed by the amount of fabulous entries we received - so a big thank you to all of you who took the time to join us. Hope to see you again this time.

My card is a simple one this time which I made for my friend's birthday, using Tim Holtz vintage shabby papers combined with Creative Expression's stamps.


 The sentiment stamp above reads, 'May the wings of the butterfly kiss the sun, And find your shoulder to light on, to bring you luck, happiness and riches, Today, Tomorrow and beyond.'  It is an Irish Blessing.
This sentiment is by Gustave Flaubert, author, who wrote Madame Bovary. The classic novel that, at the time, was seen as scandalous and both Flaubert and his publisher were prosecuted for irreligion and immorality.  However they were acquitted after a sensational trial, which saw the book enjoy immediate success!

I topped the card off with an Anita's sentiment topper dedicated to friendship, plus butterfly punches over stamped butterflies & added Glossy accents to create texture and interest. And, of course, a bit a ribbon!

Hope you all have a good week, thanks for looking.
Take care Zo x

5 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Hi Zo

I think your card is stunning and I love this paper.

Dionne

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Zoe, I like the colour the verse's and the butterflies.
Kevin xx

Louise Welsh said...

Hi zo love the card, it looks so pretty and delicate fab work. louise xx

coops said...

stunning card zoe.really beautiful papers and colours and i love the butterflies :D

xx coops xx

Pop's Cards said...

Thi is gorgeous sweetie i love butterflies and the blues are fab hugs pops x