Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 16 September 2011

Poppies

Hello everyone - can't believe it's Friday again!

I've been rather slow making cards lately, and it feels like it was ages ago that I shared a card with you all. So I wanted to share this card with you.  I've been working on it for a few days. It's a simple card in design but the real work is in the poppies, the colouring.  Many layers went into this, and it all resulted in me having a bad head. My fault for forgetting to open the window while using my Promarkers!



As you can see it's a sympathy card. I was inspired to use my Sheena Douglas poppy stamps when I heard someone say how they would make ideal images for a sympathy card. I wanted to keep the image sombre and thought the grey tones and a monochromatic theme would suit. I printed the sentiment out using MCS. The image and sentiment are both matted and layered onto Coredinations card stock.

I wish to enter this card into the following challenge:
Glitter Geeks - In The Garden challenge
Die Cut Dreams - Flower Power.

Take Care Zo x

11 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow this is beautiful, even though it's for a sad occassion it's a beautiful image. xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

A Beautiful card, for a sad occasion, the poppys are gorgeous.
Kevin xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

This is really beautiful.

Dionne x

Christine said...

Beautiful card for a difficult subject stunning in the mono tones great take on the DCD chall theme

smiles Christine x

Paula said...

Beautiful card, i love the poppies, Paula :)

Anonymous said...

Versatile and lovely, Zoe - well done :0) Shows that all moods/themes can be covered with care - Debs x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie this is gorgeous loving your colours here, fabulously gorgeous creation hugs pops x

coops said...

stunning card zoe.very striking and beautiful.

xx coops xx

Steph L said...

Beautiful card. It fits right in on our In The Garden theme. Love the black and white.
Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks and Good Luck!!
Steph xx

Shelby said...

Beautiful card Zoe! You did a wonderful job with the monochromatic scheme. Thanks for joining us at Glitter Geeks in the card theme this week, good luck and hope you'll join us again for our next challenge on Friday.

Shelby

Victoria said...

Beautiful card Zo - love the clean and simple style you've got here - something I'm very fond of!

Thanks so much for joining us at Die Cut Dreams for our flowers challenge

Hugs
Victoria
x