Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 11 September 2013

Home For Christmas

Have you seen there's a new fab and rather lush collection from Polkadoodles? It's called Home for Christmas.  Well the rather talented Nikky Hall has given us DT permission to start sharing some of our projects with you all using this new collection. 

So over the next few days expect to see glorious creations of fab-tastic design! 

So today I'm going to share a card I've made with one of my footy friends in mind. I've literally only used a few digi stamps & a sentiment from the collection.


So I took the Santa and coloured him with markers choosing the appropriate shades of blues! 


Then I printed off some of the other digi images and only added a slight shade to them. I wanted Santa to be the bold image, but wanted to create a collage-type effect. I did also add sparkle to the house windows (Oh my you should see the houses in this collection!) and flower centres before touching Santa's Glasses with Glossy Accents.


Once I had layered everything and stuck it to the shaped card I added sets of 3 dots in the gaps. This is a great tip I picked up it means the white spaces are no longer too obvious and they help to finish off the card.

There hope you like this first of many projects and I've only used a minuscule amount of what is in the collection so you will see lots more if you check out the other DT blogs over the next week or so!

Take care Zo xx

5 comments:

Julia Dunnit said...

This is fab Zoe, love the clutter of uncoloured images..it's brilliant idea. Brilliant colouring as always.

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Ha! A Gashead Santa!! Love the colouring, you clever gal.....and don't stress about sending cards. Only if you can...
Hugs, LLJ 54 xx

fairy thoughts said...

Nah!
sorry still not ready to comment on ( you know what)
janet
ps love the b and w contrast background but don't tell anyone I said so

debby4000 said...

Adorable cute card love how Santa pops.
luv
Debby

coops said...

so stunning zoe.really gorgeous design and i love your fab santa :D

xx coops xx