Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Monday 18 February 2013

Crafty Boots does........

Good morning!

I'm here today to share with you all my latest DT project for the Crafty Boots Challenge blog and this time our theme was chosen by the lovely & talented Tracie who chose -

Out of your comfort Zone!!!

So we want to see what you don't normally do - so if you do messy inky craft then do clean & simple. If you colour with characters and always use the same pens then use something different. Anything that is out of your comfort zone, but make sure you tell us what it is!

So for me I thought a while and realised I rarely dry emboss, I enjoy heat embossing, but hardly ever get my embossing boards out and, of course, I colour my characters with Copics, so I decided I would dry emboss and I would colour with something other than Copics/markers.

Here's my project - 


I started out using my Tall Stories book-a-trix board (once I found it!) and dry embossed the pages of the book using water colour card and Coredinations card.  I then set about creating pieces to go on the book including embossed lined paper and the number background (okay I used a folder for that!) and distressed all parts with Walnut Stain and Vintage Photo Distress inks. I just randomly added them as well as the tickets.


I stamped this Saturated Canary rubber stamp available HERE  - using Walnut Stain Distress ink, I then used my water brush to draw out the ink to shade the image. After letting it dry I added further depth still using the same ink.  While this colouring technique isn't something I usually do, I really enjoyed it and was pretty pleased with the effect!


A close up of some of the layers and textures.


I sanded the Coredinations card after I dry embossed it to create this edged effect.


I finally stamped onto the reverse of the Coredinations card using the same ink as before.  This is a sentiment from the Sheena Douglas range.

As you can see, there's water spatters and distressed edges galore, yep I got carried away! Ha ha. But it was good fun and I enjoyed doing this. So you seeing doing something different and going out of your comfort zone can be fun and productive too!

Hope you join in our challenge!
Take care Zo xx  


5 comments:

Dee's Craft Room said...

Oh wow Zoe, this project is fabulous. You should do this a lot more, it looks amazing.

Dionne xx

Helen said...

I loved this challenge, and looks like you did too. You don't need your Copics at all...!!! Love this, Zoe.

Gabrielle said...

Love this lots and lots! You did a great job here! Isn't it great to be challenged like this?!

Neesie said...

Ooh out of the comfort zone...thats scary stuff but you nailed it Zo! A brilliant job there.
Plus it looks like you had fun :D

Sara said...

This looks really good there are so many layers and elements its great. Xxxx