Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Sunday 1 July 2012

Happy Days!

Ah now that's was a fab programme I grew up watching! But, it's not what I mean, I mean it literally, I had a happy day, one full of colouring and relaxing.

This next week isn't going to be easy - hospital trip and a minor op to contend with so I know I won't be around much, which means I'm having to have really quiet restful days so that I can cope with it all and what better a thing to do than colouring!

Like all us crafter's, I have stash that I don't want to part with, images I've coloured and don't want to let go, so I've dedicated an entire Smash* Book (black one) to my crafting so that I can play with the yummy papers, colour those images and then keep them all to myself, safely tucked away in my Smash Book ready to look at and keep admiring!




You all know I'm a huge Saturated Canary fan, well recently my friend Stephanie-Emma (she of Crafty Boots fame!) introduced me to Some Odd Girls (Crafty Boots sell the clear stamps if you're interested) images - I bought Photo Kaylee and Gifty Gwen from Crafty Boots in the form of a clear stamp then I went on-line and purchased some of the digital stamps too! 

Oh my what fun I had - I spent virtually the whole day yesterday putting these pages together, colouring and arranging other images I'd already coloured. I went a bit mad with the hair, but then those of you who know me, will know I'm partial to a spot of mad hair colour myself! 

So the radio was on, tennis commentary, the Copics were out and images were coloured. 
I can honestly say I love them all, my favourite if I had to choose would be the girl on the left page, bottom middle, with blue hair wearing orangey socks and top with blue shoes. Why? Because while I colour using blue.......a lot.....I don't use orange tones very often and it was hard to do but I'm really pleased with the effect.  Since buying my Copics, my colouring has come on leaps and bounds - to the point where I know I'll not go back to using anything else. Watch this space as they say cos I will at some point be selling my other pens.....I have too many to keep them all!

Right time to try and get some more jobs done.
I will be popping on here to look and see what you're all up to but I'm not putting any pressure on myself to be actively blogging because I just don't know how things will go so if I'm not around, you'll know why.
Take care Zo xx

11 comments:

June Nelson said...

Wow me darlin, what a brilliant idea for all of thos images, its gonna be an absolute fantastic boook, huggies June xxxx

Sue said...

WOW!! Your colouring is just amazing and they look so fab in your Smash book.
hope all goes well for your next week

Sue

emma mitchell said...

Oh wow Zoe what fabulous pages , love your colouring on these cute characters.
All the best for next week.
Hugs Emma xx

What I Created Next said...

Well what can I say!!! WOW WOW WOW AND WOW. Your colouring is amazing. I think my favourite image is the girl with the bikini on. Her skin shading is amazing.

Emma Williams said...

wow...these are gorgeous and your pages and colouring are just fab!!

Hope everything goes ok in this coming week...I'll be thinking of you and you know where I am if you need a chat!!
Speak soon...hugs, Emma xxx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous pages Zoe, I like all the images and colour combos, I hope all goes well with your op.
Kevin xx

Unknown said...

No wonder you said you were doing a lot of colouring wow these are fab Hugs Elaine

Julia Dunnit said...

Ooh Zo, that is a fab idea, oneof the reasons i dont mind using embellies on my scrapbook pages...coz i can keep 'em!! Wonderful, wonderful colouring, your skill is amazing. Good luck this week, do as your told...take it VERY easy and recover properly...that way, it wonttskeages and we'll see you back here soon

SandeeNC said...

I hope next week goes well for you, I will be thinking about you! ((hugs my friend)) waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Teresa said...

Gorgeous Smash book pages Zoe, best of luck with your op and hope you can relax and get well asap. Hugs Teresa xx

Katie said...

Sending warm thoughts your way this week Zo...just thought I'd pop by and leave a little note :) Hope things are going okay for you...

Stunning coloring as usual! I had to giggle as I read your post cause I just bought a black smash book for this very same purpose :) Can't wait to see more when you feel up to it. Hugs, Katie