Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 5 August 2011

Buckles the Budgie

Hello, what another beautiful day. Well last night we had a new arrival in the family. As I said we lost our Budgie Timmy last week. But yesterday evening we welcomed Buckles to our home. He's 6 wks old and already very friendly and calm. I've been stroking him and have encouraged him onto my hand. I was very pleased when he stood on my finger and allowed me to stroke his wings this evening. So calm. Timmy was very frightened of everything and only let me stroke him, could never get him onto my hand. I think Buckles will be a lot different and I'm looking forward to playing with him and teaching him to be kind and hopefully to talk.

His name was chosen in honour of the Bristol Rovers Manager Paul Buckle! Lol well you know me and my football team. Take care Zo x

4 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Hes lovely, good luck with getting him to talk, My Gran always kept budgies and had a few that would chat.
Kevin xx

Stephie Boots said...

OMG he is gorgeous!!!! xx

Marie Richardson said...

Hey hun now following you,
Hugs
Marie xxx

Stephie Boots said...

he's gorgeous!!! so cute! xxx