Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 1 May 2019

WOYWW 517 & yes it really is me!!

Well hello everyone especially to my fellow WOYWW over at Julia's Stamping Ground

You may have noticed I have not posted for a very long time. Life has just taken over. So today it is a catch up post of sorts as so many things have changed.

Firstly my craft room has moved!

As many of you know Keagan worked away as his career is in Horse Racing. He only came home for the odd night or so and for his holidays. Anyway I was growing out of my craft room (box room in our house) so I asked if I could have the rooms swapped. Keagan's bedroom is now in the smaller room and my craft room is now in what was his bedroom!




I've much more space and it's so much lighter as I'm not having to stack bookcases on top of each other as I did in other room. I also covered storage boxes with matching wrapping paper and plain kraft paper so it all matches a bit more than it did. I spend a lot of time in my craft room now and have taken up drawing again. I am enjoying my room and crafting. It had got to a point where I stopped crafting as I didn't like being in the small, dark room. BUT now I have a wonderful room to create and enjoy.

At the end of January, Keagan changed jobs. His ambition is to try and work his way up through the Jockey ladder. He currently holds the licence which allows his to race at point to point level. An opportunity arose to work for the record breaking/champion P2P Jockey Will Biddick in his Pre-Training and Breaking yard as a Novice Jockey (Keagan was a work rider previously). 

Will is well known for mentoring young jockeys and helping them progress their careers. So Keagan leapt at the chance and has been working there ever since. It is only 25 mins away from home so Keagan has moved back to live with me.

Keagan has not only raced his own horse Doctor Wong, but he has also been given the opportunity to ride for other owners/trainers which is exactly what he wanted. He has already come 2nd, 3rd and 4th a number of times so that win isn't too far away hopefully!

Thankfully he didn't ask to swap his bedroom back to the bigger room so my craft room remains in its new location!!

I guess the other news again many of you who follow me on other social media will know that I had to have Baxter put to sleep over a year ago now and that I have a new puppy - Asher - who is now 16 months old. He is a Jack Russell. You can see him sleeping on his bed in my craft room. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old.

Family have helped me with him as obviously I needed their help. He is such a wonderful companion who is everything a puppy should be - cheeky, playful and fun, but he is also calm when needed, well behaved and clever. Having him from such a young age has meant I have been able to train him so that he fits in with me. 

Anyway I promise I will try and join in with WOYWW regularly and hope to post more often.
Take care Zoe

22 comments:

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Welcome back, Zoe, good to see your lovely new crafty spot and Asher is soooo cute, all curled up and sound asleep, they’re good breed if trained well. Glad for you that Keenan doesn’t want his room back! 😊
Happy WOYWW. Shaz in Oz.x #16

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Zooooeeeeeeeeeeee!!! It's so good to see you back on the desks again (though I know we keep in touch on FB). I do like your new craft room very much and especially admire the co-ordination of the storage boxes etc. I do love having a good sort out and re-arrange of my stuff too. Such great news that Keagan is doing so well in his career, so pleased that he's living the dream. It was lovely to see Asher curled up in your room too, he's a good lad eh?!
Hugs LLJ 7 xxx

shazsilverwolf said...

Hi Zoe, how wonderful to see you here again! I did exactly the same with my craft room when my youngest moved out! How wonderful that Keagan has things going so well in his career, and that he's still loving it so much. Asher looks so comfy in his spot, and it's great you've been able to train him from so young to fit in with you. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #4 X

Annie said...

Hi Zoe. It's good to see you joining in the fun this week. I watch/read your news usually on Facebook so was pretty up to date but didn't know about the new creative space....that's brilliant. I hope you have many happy hours in there with your little fur baby.
Hugs,
Annie x #11

Shoshi said...

Ooooh Zo, WELCOME BACK!! It's lovely to see you back on WOYWW again! You are a real blast from the past! And such nice things to report, too. I am so pleased to hear that Keagan's racing career is going so well. You must be so proud of him! It sounds as if he's fallen on his feet with the new job, and let's hope it's a springboard to even greater things. Very gracious of him not to demand his old room back! Love the new craft room. What a lovely way to celebrate coming back on WOYWW after all this time.

Hope you are managing to keep reasonably well and aren't in too much pain.

Thank you for your visit. Loads has been going on Shez Shosh since you were last around, and you can see I've recently started a new blog. I am trying to replace all the lost photos on the old blog but it's a huge job - 8 years' worth disappeared overnight when Google messed something up. Then none of the photos on recent blogs were visible to my visitors. I got so fed up with Google that I decamped to Wordpress - something I never thought I would do!

I've been quite poorly on and off and it looks likely that I'll have further abdominal surgery (that will be operation #4 not counting my hysterectomy which was many years ago). Life has been very busy and my studio is a dumping ground at the moment because I'm not using it. I'm enjoying my embroidery and knitting and crochet at the moment.

So good that you are back.

Happy WOYWW,
Shoshi #13 x

Shoshi said...

PS I meant to say sorry to hear about Baxter, but so glad you've now got Asher to keep you company! He looks very comfy asleep in his little bed. We've got 2 new kitties (Lily and Ruby) after Beatrice and Phoebe died 3 weeks apart, 2 years ago.

Shoshi x

Sue said...

Hi Zoe, Asher is adorable. Before I had Greyhounds I had a JR.

You have much more room now for crafting.

Glad your son is doing so well.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
Sue #10

Caro said...

Welcome back! I had a long break as well - love your new crafting space - lots of lovely room for you to play in. So sorry to hear about your dog, it is so hard when they leave us. Happy WOYWW. Have a great week. Love & God Bless, Caro x (#18)

Sarah Brennan said...

Fab to have you back Zoe. Sorry to hear about Baxter. Asher looks very comfortable in your new craft room. Hope Keagan's career continues to progress. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #2

Helen said...

great to see you - and your fab big craft room - again- although I have been keeping up with you on FB it's great to see you link up again. Glad Keagan didn't want to swap back when he came home! Helen #3

StampinCarol said...

Welcome back! Your "new" craft room looks fab and glad that Keagan didn't want it back! Sounds like life is now going better for you two. Cute dog! Sad to hear about Baxter. It is so difficult when our furkids have to be put to sleep. Hope to see your desk again! Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful week!
Carol N #29

Neet said...

Lovely to see you back on WOYWW. I have been keeping up with you and your son's journey through social media. Good to hear he is doing so well in his chosen career. Roll on that winning race!
Hugs, Neet 1 xx

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Good to know that Keagan is doing so well in his chosen career, not an easy one. Your pup seems to be growing up so quickly and enjoying his life with you. Have a good crafty week in that lovely room. xxx Maggie (Silvercrafter) #5

Anne said...

it was a lovely surprise to read your comment earlier Zoe. So lovely to see you back. I've often wondered how you and Keagan were. I must find you on FB. Sorry re Baxter but glad you now have Asher. Good re your Craft Room and that Keagan is doing so well. Anne x #24

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Zoe, great to see you around again. Pleased to hear Keagan is making good progress with his chosen career, you must be really pleased to have him home again too. Craft room's looking good. Thanks for the visit to mine and happy woyww, Angela x14x

Stacy Sheldon said...

Hi Zoe, ooh that sounds much better to be able to have the light filled space to create in. I have a hard time being productive after dark or on rainy dark days so, I totally get that. It sounds like your sons career is really and exciting journey to hear about from the sidelines too and Yay on having a new puppy to snuggle. That is always so hard when we have to say goodbye to the older ones. (( HUGS )) ~Stacy #31

Glenda said...

It's good to see you again. Love your space and your sweet little fur baby all curled up in it's bed!
Happy WOYWW! Glenda #9

Lindart said...

HI Zoe! Your Keagan sounds like he's having the time of his life! What an exciting career! How nice to have a larger craft room, mine is small, and I often wondered about taking over a larger room, but I know I would just fill it up - just like switching to a larger handbag! LOL! Your room looks very inviting and neat, quite the opposite of mine! Thanks for your visit, have a great week! Lindart #30

Heather M said...

Hi Zoe, welcome back, sorry for the late visit! Congrats on the new craft room! I'm looking forward to seeing what you create in there. How exciting see yoyr sons career take off, and great to have him back home no doubt. Have a lovely week Heather x #15

Marit said...

Hi there Zoe, nice to see you back again. Congrats on a new craftroom, it is indeed something that adds to the fun, when you have all things at hand and good light and space to put everything in place. It was nice to read your update... hope to see you more at woyww from now on. Thanks for stopping by my blog the other day, hope you have a nice Friday/weekend. Hug from Holland. Marit #19

Kelly said...

Welcome back, Zoe! go you on getting a larger/ brighter craft room. That can make all the difference in our mojo. Thank you for sharing Keagan's story. I'm proud just hearing about him. LOL Thank you for your visit. Was a pleasant surprise. Hugs & Creative Blessings! Kelly #27

Kyla said...

Welcome back, love the larger room (and lucky Keegan didnt want to swap back too!) and look forward to seeing some more of your fabulous colouring techniques too.
Kyla