Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Wednesday 5 December 2012

WOYWW 183 - stuff!

Hello my friends!

Firstly a quick apology for not getting round many of you last week, I just haven't been able to sit at the laptop for too long.  Another hospital appointment sees me struggling again after having my legs, knees specifically, bent every which way and pins stuck in me!! But that was good, cos it showed that it is my conditions causing problems not anything  horrible happening with my spine. Phew! My knees are a strange set of problems but I'll not bore you with those this time of the morning!

So the desk, poorly lit, but I confess I'm only showing half my work space because there are things on the other side I don't want people to see (Christmas presents!) -


So there's the box of Card Candi, a pile of .....erm.... leftover sheets I need to put away cos I've used some of the images from them. The rather lovely Creative Expressions project book which I bought cos our very own Gabrielle has a project in there (to be honest that's the reason I bought it!!). Then there's a character I coloured and a decoration I made!


Closer look at the colouring - I tried different colours to do the red hair after seeing different combinations on Pinterest. I'm rather pleased with it and love the vibrancy. Wish my own hair would look like that!

Time to see Keagan off to school before I go back to bed, yep being lazy. But on a serious note my fatigue has stepped up a few notches so I'm resting and sleeping when I can.  I've found if I do sleep in the morning  I tend to sleep better at night. So far anyway. I just go with what my body is telling me, though yesterday I could have slept all day! 

Right lovely people take care out there.
Love Zo xx


19 comments:

Apryl said...

Your projects look really great. The girl turned out so cute :)

Happy WOYWW

#11 Apryl

Helen said...

Lovely colouring, it's not my thing, but I can appreciate the work! Hope you get a good rest today. Helen, 5

lisa said...

Nothing wrong with doing what your body tells you, Zoe. you need to take care of yourself. I think we'd all like to snuggle back under the duvet if we could.
I love your colouring with her red hair and that ornament looks gorgeous.
Happy WOYWW
Hugs Lisax #56

MiniOwner said...

Good morning! Some interestign thigs to see on yiour desk today - I love that image, your colouring is fantastic. Great tree dec, too. Happy Wednesday :o)
Sue x (MiniOwner @1)

sandra de said...

Lovely colouring and the decoration is very pretty. Hope your health improves and probably good to sleep when you can.
Sandra @27

Cardarian said...

Hi Zo!
I like your ornament and coloring...you are right - different tones of the same color make the picture much more vibrant! Enjoy your rest - wish I could have one! I have problems with my knees too but I keep on going...
Lots of hugs,
Cardarian

Anonymous said...

Happy WOYWW. This is the 2nd week I haven't joined in (we had a week in Spain and didn't get back until late yesterday). Glad to hear that your hospital visit didn't find anything else to worry about, and that you are managing to get some sleep. Love the colouring of the character. I really must get some colouring practice done next year. Ali x

SandeeNC said...

Listen to your body! Sleep can be a good and neccessary thing! I have knee issues myself, thinking losing 30 lbs would probably help a lot! lol Take care and waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

Inkypinkycraft said...

hope you are feeling abit better soon
your colouring is amazing !
happy woyww
thanks for sharing
trace x 33
ps I have festive candy

Sunshine Girl said...

Hope you are feeling better soon - I love the coloured in image (wish my hair was that colour too!). Sunshine Girl no. 21

Kate said...

The colourings come out lovely! Would you recommend the book regardless of the fact your friend's in it? I've seen several inspiration books around and don't know whether to go for one or not.

** Kate **

Words and Pictures said...

Yes... incredibly vibrant hair - love it! Hope that you feel lots better soon, but good news that it's not the spine... Happy WOYWW!
Alison x
#40

Julia Dunnit said...

Perfect, brilliant colouring there Miss Zoe! Wow. Am thrilled that only half your desk on show means the trouvé for pressies on the go....gives me hope for my plans!! Great idea to nap when your body tells you to, makes the in between hours easier and more productive...if a bit intense, I guess! You keep on gal.

JoZart Designs said...

I love reading your positive attitude and cheerfulness despite all your health issues. I do hope you can gain some ease from it all as you do deserve it!
Great colouring!
Keep smiling...
Love Jo x

Anne said...

Great colouring - I just can't seem to get the hang of it you seem to make the hair look so shiny. Anne x #112

Jackie said...

Seeing the book reminded me I want to get a copy of it........ Resting is good I to stuffer with my hips,right knee and recently my eyes which means I cannt craft for long lengths of time and am loosing my sight which to a crafter is not good!!!!
Jackie 31
Http://scrapbangwallop.blogspot.com

trisha too said...

Oh no, don't give any gifty peeks!!! I've done that accidentally!

VERY cute ornament, Zoe!

:)trisha
#100 this week
and making my woyww rounds a little late!

Lucy said...

The girl looks great. Yours are the best pics i've ever seen! Lucy #18 x

Queen Lightwell said...

That is some gorgeous red hair! I, too, would love to have red hair...when I was younger and spent lots of time in the sun my brunette hair would lighten into a pretty red shade but I'm allergic to the sun now so...anyways, thanks for sharing your desk with us! :) Deeyll #122