Pages

When you make a conscious choice to be happy, no one can take it away from you because no one gave it to you: you gave it to yourself.

A quote from April Green's - Bloom For Yourself Journal

Friday 5 October 2012

I'm okay, this time 14 years ago.....

Wow it feels ages since I posted, over a week ago anyway, which is an age for me! 

Wanted to say I'm fine, still struggling but having to be careful what I do and when I do it and when I'm good enjoy things for me and be a bit selfish and rest lots etc! You get the idea, I have been crafting, making up pieces from that fab Beatrix Potter blockbuster kit. 

Anyway it's my boy's 14th birthday tomorrow so it seemed right to share a pic of his card and a pic of him only a few days old! Ssssh don't tell him though as he'll tell me off good and proper.



So Keagan's card is actually made up of 2 of the shaped cards on the new Toreads cd from Crafter's Companion, I took the JPegs into Craft Artist and made them the right size to make an A4 card, I also resized a topper to create the inside. I added gold peel-offs around the edge then stamped the 'My Boy' and the 'No 1 Son' sentiments direct onto the card, eek scary stuff that, then I coloured them and added Glossy accents too.  I had a round sentiment from my BP kit so I coloured it to match and added it to the inside. I know Keagan is going to laugh when he sees this and tell me off for being totally random I reckon! 

Right now for the cute bit, this was taken using a Polaroid camera, amazing to think we didn't have digital cameras then and had to use instances to get our pics straight away. I scanned the photos into my laptop. 


This was Keagan at about 4 days old I reckon, we were still in hospital as I had a few problems, I stayed in our local cottage hospital for a week, unheard of these days! 


And here he is just over a week old now at home! 

Right I better hit the publish button before Keagan sees what I've done!

Take care Zo xx



3 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful card Zoe, I like the sweet images,and the design, I hope you feel better.
Kevin xx

coops said...

so stunning zoe.fab design and i love the cute images, great pic of your son as a baby too :D
i hope you are feeling better soon.

xx coops xx

Dee's Craft Room said...

Ha ha, this is a great fun card. Brilliant design and concept.

Congratulations on raising such a wonderful son, I hope he had a fab birthday.

Hope you are more yourself soon.

Dionne xx